Most of the steroids used in the USA is restricted as they may be potential causes of various side effects, if they are used for any non-medical reasons. It can happen to men as well as women and therefore people, who decide to use them must take this information very seriously.
These days, there are large numbers of steroids sold in the market and among them some may be quite potent while some may not. Most of these steroids are meant for certain medical conditions and should be taken as per the suggestion of any registered medical practitioners.
Side effects observed in men
Let us understand here that steroid does not mean it is a poison, as our body also produces certain substances that can be compared with any steroid. These are certain kinds of hormone that produced in our body. For instance, testosterone is a kind of hormone which is also called male hormone produced in our testicles. This hormone is responsible for producing various secondary male characteristics.
Therefore, for the growth of muscles, increase of libido and other physical improvements many people indulge with such steroids. However, you should not confuse by thinking testosterone is a steroid, but certain hormones in the men’s body can produce effects of steroid.
Also, there is a steroid with low side effects for men available like Anavar etc. Anabolic steroids are mostly testosterone of chemical version. They can also be called anabolic androgenic steroids.
It is no secret that reckless use of these steroids can result in serious side effects and some of them can be irreversible too. Some of the typical side effects that are observed among men are as listed below.
- Even short-term use of steroids can result in various psychological issues like erratic behaviour, irritable, feeling of jealousy or impaired judgement.
- Testicles may shrink the body cannot produce enough testosterone due artificial level of testosterone in the body. Sometimes this can be a permanent problem.
- Enlargement of breast called gynecomastia
- Cardiovascular problems like high BP, increased cholesterol level, risk of heart attack or stroke
- Damage of liver.
- Kidney damage
Side effects observed in women
Some of the side effects that are observed in men can also be found in women. In addition to that following side effects are very common among women
- Facial or body growth of hair
- Loss of hair on scalp
- Clitoris enlargement