Traveling and discovering the world can be done in different ways and doing it alone is just as beautiful as in a company. However, for women, such a journey might go sideways. It is a well-known fact that in comparison with local residents, tourists, girls in particular, more often become victims of robbers and rapists.
Traveling and discovering the world can be done in different ways and doing it alone is just as beautiful as in a company. However, for women, such a journey might go sideways. It is a well-known fact that in comparison with local residents, tourists, girls in particular, more often become victims of robbers and rapists, and it is more difficult to fight back than to avoid risky situations and dangerous regions. The most important moment to remember is being confident and careful.
Safety rules for solo trips:
1. Walk as if you know exactly where to go, even if you lost an hour ago, enjoy unexpected discoveries, and when you decide that it is time to return to the hotel, catch a taxi. If you want to save money and get it by public transport or on foot, ask the person who inspires trust: a woman, a family, employees of a nearby cafe or shop.
2. Is not advisable to stroll alone along dark alleys, passages, and wastelands. Common sense will tell you that it is better to stick to busy streets and after midnight return to the hotel by taxi.
3. When traveling “solo”, you are fully responsible for valuable things so it’s best to always keep them in sight. While waiting for the bus, sitting in a cafe or in the park, put the bag next to, or preferably in front of you.
4. The personal alarm system is also a helpful tool to keep all ill-wishers away and protect oneself from an accident. Such service will ensure you a complete safety so that nothing could mar your joy and enjoyment during the trip. Such devices are specially designed to warn their owners about potential danger or send an automatic signal to someone in case you get into trouble.
5. In some countries, you can safely walk in a mini or short topic. In others, on the contrary, it is believed that the female body should be covered from prying eyes as much as possible, and revealing clothes can provoke aggression. For example, in India during a half-hour walk in short shorts, you will catch so many men glaring at you unambiguously that the next time you leave the hotel you will think twice before opting for an outfit to wear. The same rule applies to the Muslim states, and for non-observance of the dress code, a woman can be both arrested and even stoned. Just see how local girls are dressed, and follow their suit.
6. Sometimes the wedding ring acts as a talisman, preventing the local men from being overly obtrusive. For instance, in Italy and many Muslim countries, it is worth occasionally showing a bothersome finger with a cherished ring, as interest in you will immediately weaken. Put on the ring, even if you are not married yet.